Thursday, November 02, 2006

Classical painting technique? Snobbish?

Hi, this is an extract from the readings I go through in order to learn the "Classical oil painting technique", "Flemish technique" or "Rembrandt style" - whatever it is called.

Check this out:

1. Stop looking at modern art and stop loving it. Modern bright colors and hue contrasts destroy the subtle vision of the painter who risks to study classical painting in our time.

2. Many painters get an energy charge from music. Stop listening to any modern music and begin listening only to classical music. Try to begin loving it.

I think the guy is serious!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha first of all, modern art doesn't "destroy" anyone's vision. Secondly, classical music doesn't influence anyone into becoming a classical painter. Personally I don't paint abstract, I'm more of a classical painter yet I listen to punk rock :] And the site that has this "classical painting technique" actually doesn't really know much about painting in the classical style... The best way to paint classically is to go learn from a real classical painter. I would know.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home